Thursday, June 4, 2009

Photoshop ~ Effects Using Actions

Today I grabbed my good friend, Jen, and headed to the train tracks south of downtown to do a quick photoshoot. I so wanted to try out my new 50mm 1.8 Canon lens ~ which I'm in love with ~ it's crazy sharp! LOVE IT! So, I made it home and sat down with a glass of wine to begin the download and then start my blog post. I was testing out some different actions and on one of Jen's photos and thought I'd post some samples for you! Here I went for color and pop.... Then I tried soft and pretty from the Pioneer Women Actions I spoke about in this post! I wanted to go for something slightly different from black and white so I worked Kubota's sing the blues which is my favorite! I'm onto another photo now ~ one of my favorites of Jen using Kubota's Hot Fudge! In all honesty, I do a lot of tweaking to get it sharp and add contrast, burn here and dodge there...you know...make the pics my own...which means that the above images are utilizing the actions but are also enhanced by me to fit the photos. So go have some fun with your actions!! We had such a great time today! I can't wait to get back to editing the photos! Thanks Jen for a great shoot! ~ back to camera