Sunday, November 20, 2011

How to Take Great Photos of your Kids

Photos of your children are priceless. Halloween photos of your kids dressed up in their costume are forever remembered and enjoyed! How to take great photos of your kids as they grow up is as easy as keeping your camera readily available. Be it an iPhone or polaroid camera (yes - they do still exist and the Impossible Project has film!) or digital camera it's about getting the picture. bee close up Part of what makes a great a photo of your child is getting in close and really seeing their expression - as seen above. That close up shot is only one shot of a set that tells the story of Bodie's Halloween. We also put him in front of the fireplace and made sure to get a full photo of his bee costume, I used my Canon 5D and my 430 flash. The light is a bit hard and it's not the best photo of the bunch but we wanted to get out and get trick or treating so I had only a couple of minutes! Halloween Kids photography In the end, my favorite photo was taken by an iPhone and was not posed at all. Bodie was running through the house and we caught him in our den. I added the photo to adobe lightroom and added some filters and tada - a cute photo of a Bee! I will end up cropping it (to get rid of the misc. clutter in the backround) and using it on my Holiday 2012 Calendar for our family.
Halloween iPhoto Taking great photos of your kids doesn't need to be difficult - it's all about capturing the memory.